Saturday, April 09, 2005

my brother

I wish hope and pray manik doesn’t read this post…though it is dedicated to him..
Manik is my brother, my best friend and my partner in crime. He is younger than I am but I have never felt like an elder sister – simply cos at times he is more mature than I can ever be and at others he is the same age as me. I don’t think we can survive for longer than an hour without fighting… and our reasons are always unbelievable. The fact is manik means the world to me. Sometimes I look back and I can’t believe the fact that we 2 have actually grown up – I can’t believe the fact that we get to spend very little time with each other … but I know one thing whenever I need a smile whenever I need to feel better whenever I need to share an achievement mana will be there.. He is and will always be the life of our little family… "miss u loads mana"

11 Comments:

Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

:)

I miss my sis too...but she is coming back home and i am not sure if i will enjoy that ;)

11:06 PM  
Blogger fursat said...

Brother-Sister is the best relationship in the world. I never had a real sister and I used to get jealous of all the guys who would have sisters. I think that's the reason I am so close to my cousin sisters and consider them just like my very own. Beautiful post Divya. God Bless your relationship with your brother...:)

1:55 AM  
Blogger Akruti said...

Ha,i have a love hate relationship with him,hate him when we have a fight and love him the most all the time,Mr.Know all and younger but thinks i am dumb:)) i guess no one can define what a brother sister relationship is all abt,it can only be felt:)

12:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmm... i miss my sis very much.. :(
she is elder to me....
we used to fight for all known reasons in the world... sometimes, even without any reasons ;)
sometimes i'm afraid of her than my parents, cos she knows each and every move am making..
now she is settled down with her family.. and i miss those moments..
but, there is a positive aspect in this too.. now I get to play with my nephew :))

5:54 AM  
Blogger Fundoo said...

Amen! Beautiful thought! You tease them, you fight with them, you play all sorts of tantrums with them but you still love them what they are hai na? :-) And this is what makes sisters so adorable!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Surinder said...

:)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Tarun said...

nice post...where is he now?

11:39 PM  
Blogger shantanu said...

:) ur bro is truly lucky to have u as sis

1:29 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

My brother and I used to have funn..Guess who taught him to 'patao' gurls? Blink blink..urs truly :D

12:30 PM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Oh yeah nothing beats the warmth - the fights and the caring.
i kinda miss my sister after your post.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Very touched by this post. I have a twin sister (me and my sister are twins), and we both share similar views on many things. When we were together back home in India, it was always the small fights and stuff throughout, but I really began to realize the value of the relationship only when I moved out of my home for my studies.
So similar are our views that, whenever I need a confirmation to check if my views are right, it's just a phone call away or a domestic flight ticket away :-)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home