Tuesday, December 21, 2004

AN EXPEDITION CALLED LIFE

As I walked out from the exam hall I took a deep breath –finally it was over…. After loads of effort and fear I finally faced it.but the very next moment I asked myself what next? I knew it was time to take a break but it wasn’t time to stop, the journey had to go on…just like life…
The very basis of our existence seems to lie in a struggle, we start by struggling for our first breath and there on continue to struggle for our dreams for our hopes for peace and for life itself…the battle goes on..
Like life itself this struggle is a shade of gray it gives us the energy to go on and achieve the impossible but it weakens us with the possibility of defeat .it takes us to unimagined peaks and dreadful falls but above all what matters is that it goes on….
The sky is the limit and the route your own..no road maps and no sign boards…
What destiny has chosen for you lies untold.
The desire within wants to pause and stay there a little longer it wants the sweetness to linger on but the expedition must go on…..
The trick of fate is unbeatable and even the smartest of mankind can not overlay it.with a smile or a tear, with questions that will always remain unanswered, with a pinch of salt or
a spoon full of sugar we accept it and the journey this endless expedition goes on…..

An expedition called life was written in march after my step 1 exam...

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is a wonderful article....

Just to add,
This is in line with Robert Frost's words in his poem - Stopping by woods on a snowy evening
"The woods are dark and deep
Miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep..."

These words keep on ringing in my ears whenever I achieve something I aim for... so that complacency doesn't creep in my mind... coz there r lots to explore and achieve in this world, that this life is not enough for doing so....
what do u say?

6:06 AM  
Blogger divya said...

yes we can never really stop cos there is always more to explore n more to achieve but at the same time i love the idea of taking a break...pause n breathe ...and go on...thats life..

7:43 AM  
Blogger shantanu said...

yeah, the life is an endless search.. the goal may vary from person to person but eventually it boils down to moving on...
but yes, there's one thing i don't agree to, the sky is actually "not" the limit, it is just an excuse to end the search.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Akruti said...

Everytime i get too busy with work i tell myself this is it,no more work for a few days atleast,but then the moment the work gets over i am int osearching every possible way for more work:) life feels so empty without doing nothing,there is so much to see and learn:) verywell written divya:)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Amit Goel said...

are wah.. lots of philosophy .. I am impressed.. u guys r really grown up.. ;) i am feeling like a kid infront of you :)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Abhi said...

hey divya.yea,durin my 23 yrs of existence,i have felt that as soon as i get over wid a thin,nother crops up.so for me,the expedition is a never endin one n i gotta enjoy the journey.the goals wud keep comin,the only constant is the journey and i gotta enjoy it,no rushing n puffing for me.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home