Wednesday, December 29, 2004

A STORY...

I debated with myself for a long time to choose the topic of this post one half of me wanted to write about the museum of natural history the other wanted to share a story that has had a major impact in my life....
i chose the story...(selfish me...my past is more significant than that that of the universe..)..

i am not one of the people who enjoy change, and every time i experience it i have a tough time...and this is what happened when u changed school in class 11...i was upset and ready to run back any moment and then i visited my old school to participate in the annual day celebration and receive my award for having topped the boards and was asked to come back...i went home that day certain that i was ready to move back...and i spoke to papa about it...
well papa didn't say yes or no he said it was my decision ...if i wanted to move back i could....but he told me that there was once a roman emperor who would sail to new lands and when he would get there he would burn his ships...why? well! because that meant that the only way he could go back was that he won these new locales and then used their ships to move ahead........

well! i did not go back, i stayed on and made it to medical school two years later...and that was just one of the many things that story helped me achieve...every time i want to give up i think about this story and i go on..

5 Comments:

Blogger Surinder said...

nice story ... great dad :)

11:07 PM  
Blogger shub said...

great dad...nice story bout the roman emperor, and nice never-say-die attitude divya! good going!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

tht was inspirational :-)))

9:40 AM  
Blogger Akruti said...

Heartfelt, right divya:),happy new year dii

11:57 AM  
Blogger divya said...

thabks shellie like always your words were beautiful..

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home