Wednesday, April 30, 2008

NY again!!

if i haven't said it a million times already then let me say it again NY never stops amazing me..i have loved this city, hated it and treasured it all at the same time...i have cried when it has been ruthless , i have smiled at its beauty i have looked at the skyline in complete awe and i have treasured the joy of calling it home...but today i have another story to tell, an experience to share- the story of cabs in NY..whether you hail a yellow cab or call a special car service the diversity of the drivers amazes me and they have stories o telll and opinions to share...
as a stranger they share with me there accomplishments, their worries, joke around and even give me advice... i have heard of their struggle, their dreams... the other day i jumped into a yellow cab and the driver said to me "wow lady you smell great".. he made my day!! and once i met this amazing person from india who gave me advice like a father...yes NY never stops amazing me!!

4 Comments:

Blogger RP said...

i agree. such acts of kindness from strangers are reasons we believe in goodness of ourselves. these are the moments when we realize being good & kind is the 1st nature of mankind.

but then sometimes the evil takes over and we become too selfish & self-centered. thats when god sends in his messengers to perform such random act of kindness! :-)

Rp

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey u tagged

2:02 PM  
Blogger badshah khan said...

yeah thats true ...There are so many good people in this world and even then I hear about all bad things in the news......

2:23 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

hmm..guess the people makes the place and the place makes the people!
NY is a place I havent been to yet and hopefully someday I'll be able to sink it in!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home