Saturday, December 27, 2008

STARBUCKS

the relationship started 4 years back when i could not afford paying for a reall cup so i would stop and buy one of those bottled drinks and then once i started earning..the mocha became an indispensable part of my life.. i often wondered if it was for the coffee or just for the way the cafe made me feel that i spent hours there..at my old starbucks in brooklyn on bayridge parkway i made friends with all the baristas and they would get my cup ready even without my asking ..in fact the way hey remebered made me feel so good.. they became friends and i spent hours their studying for exams and presentations..i ran in and out on my way to work in the morning and sometimes met up with friends there.. when it was time to leave brooklyn i was tormented and one day after having cried for hours walked to get my cup of mocha and the guy whose name i don't know but who is one of my great silent friends...never asked me what happened? but he expressed his concern when he walked around the bar to bring my cup to my table...
when i looked for apartments in westchester ..living near a starbucks was important than livin near a grocery store and i started visiting this store in ossining the same way...
and as i sit here today alone yet surrounded by the world i looked at my cup of mocha..and i read this-
THE WAY I SEE IT-# 141
" I used to feel so alone in the city.All those gazillions of people and then me, on the outside.Because how do you meet a new person? I was very stumped by this for many years.And then i realized, you just say "hi." They may ignore you.Or you may marry them. And that possibility is worth that one word.-Augusten Burroughs
so"hi" there...hope you are having a good day!! 
thanks Starbucks!! 

2 Comments:

Blogger Ghost Rider said...

I love the "Way I see it" quotes. I buy coffee from starbucks just for that!

5:42 PM  
Blogger not needed said...

I still find the Starbucks coffee costly for a common man! Somehow find the taste bitter! But I know many just love it.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home